theacademyis.biz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
theacademyis.biz

For fans of The Academy Is... theacademyis.biz v2.0!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harry Potter !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beckybiz

beckybiz

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:53 am

Harry Potter (books, movies, anything in general) is a massive passion of mine, and I'm definitely not afraid to admit how much of a HP Nerd I am Razz
Just wondering if anybody else enjoys it, and your thoughts and such
Favourite books/movies/characters ?
Also, any reviews or opinions on the recently released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince would be cool Very Happy
Hopefully I'm not the only Hogwarts freak... hahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rebeccaurora
aurora
Admin
aurora

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 pm

You are definitely not the only Hogwarts freak. I picked up the books right after the Prisoner of Azkaban (the book, not the movie) came out, and I've been hooked ever since. I've read each of the books at least 5 times, the older they are, the more times I've read them. Yeah, I'm pretty much a freak.

As far as the movies go: the first two were cute little kids movies that I didn't really care much for, but at least they followed the books. The third one I HATED with a burning passion. Cinematically it was good, but they changed so much of the book, that I just thought it was a horrible adaptation. The Goblet of Fire was a great movie, as was Order of the Pheonix, and in my opinion, Half Blood Prince was fantastic. The best of all the movies. I had very little complaints about the adaptations and I think they did the best they could have done with the time they had to depict the book.

My favorite character is Hermione. She's always been my favorite, and will always be my favorite. I think that without Hermione, Harry (as much as I love him) would never have lived past the first book.

That's all I'm going to say for now, so that I can continue to post in this thread in the future. I do know that there are other fans on here though. For example, a few months ago, I was rereading The Deathly Hallows and posted a whole bunch of trivia questions on my Twitter. Samantha answered every single one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.auroracrew.blogspot.com
chloe_z

chloe_z

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 12:55 pm

I LOVE HARRY POTTER.
I haven't seen the movie yet. Some people told me it was just okay, others told me it was fantastic. I recently took Alex Gaskarth's advice and took an online quiz to see which House I would be put in haha. Unfortunately I got Ravenclaw. They don't do anything at all ever, so I was extremely disappointed.
I'm also going to say that Fred and George are my favorite characters; they crack me up.

Also, I had no idea that Robert Pattinson played Cedric until he was in Twilight. I wasn't too impressed with his looks in the HP movies to be honest.
Back to top Go down
samanthajade
Admin
samanthajade

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:56 am

Oh Beck. I love you for this <3 haha.
Goblet of Fire is one of my favourite books ever. I've read it- wait for it- over 40 times. I know how sad that is. The cover has literally fallen off. Sad I need to buy a new copy haha.
Half Blood Prince is probably my favourite movie so far, I was really happy with it. Was not impressed by the scene at the Burrow though. There was a few flaws in the details compared to the book (I'm interested to see how they work with some of those in the final movies) but overall I think they did a good job with the movie, especially because Order of the Phoenix did not impress me at all.
Aurora- I adore Hermionie too. When I was about eight I wanted to be her more than anything. (I started reading the series when I was six or seven, lol) And you should continue the trivia, I loved it! haha.
Chloe- HAHAHA that video of Alex <3 And FRED AND GEORGE I LOVE THEM.
Cedric > Edward. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
https://theacademyis.forumotion.com
aurora
Admin
aurora

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 7:36 am

[quote="samanthajade"]
Was not impressed by the scene at the Burrow though. quote]

agreed. I was sitting there like, "wtf is this?????"
Back to top Go down
http://www.auroracrew.blogspot.com
samanthajade
Admin
samanthajade

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Today I stumbled upon A Very Potter Musical. Omg, it's hilarious.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk
That's part one. It's quite long, but in my opinion, well worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://theacademyis.forumotion.com
chloe_z

chloe_z

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:22 pm

hahahaha that first video was hilarious. i am for sure going to watch the whole thing tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harry Potter ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter !   Harry Potter ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
theacademyis.biz  :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: